Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Treasures Found

Recently, while moving, I found some poems I wrote many years ago that I thought that I had lost. I thought that I would share a couple of them:
Why
© 2010 Janette Marie
May 22, 1981

The world is a dance floor
crowded with people

Everywhere I look
no partner is left.

Everyone is taken
everyone but me.

I am the odd one
left to dance alone.



Summer 1986 (untitled) © 2010 Janette Marie

You excite my mind
expanding my horizons
Thus making my world exciting

You challenge my wit and
encourage it back
thus adding humor to my day

You sense my feelings and understand
thus making me feel important

You share your thoughts and concerns
Thus showing that you trust

You always keep me guessing
thus adding adventure to my life

You will always smile
Thus letting me know you care

You are all these things and more
Thus my reasons for loving you.

Written November 1980 © 2010 Janette Marie

I wonder if you. . .

. . . feel
. . . see
. . . want
. . . need and
. . . Love

Like me?


Haiku (Seasons) December 13, 1979
each written by Janette © 2010 Janette Marie

As I look outside
the wind blows and the snow falls
till the seasons change


After the rains start
the flowers start to come up
then kissed by the sun.

Barefoot in the grass
the hot sun beaming down
until the night comes

Sitting outside now
the orange sun is setting
down to go to sleep

    WHY KINDNESS     TODAY YOU ARE 21 YOU WAIT IN LINE IMPATIENT LOTS TO DO PLACES TO GO   TODAY YOU ARE 30 YOUR CH...