Sunday, October 31, 2010

Yellow Ribbon

written by: Janette Marie © 2010 Janette Marie

So afraid to speak the truth
to reveal feelings locked inside
thoughts to words I want to share
needing only to know you care

The day you said good bye
my mind knew it was coming
my heart wanted the fairytale
a love to never end

My life's been lived in make believe
but one not of the happy kind
make believe that all is good
fake a smile; fools everyone
Pretend so long who really knows
when feelings are real or make believe
soul becomes untouchable
to feel for real is not allowed

Since the day you said good bye
I know what sadness feels like
no longer make believe; a true and honest cry
There is a yellow ribbon around my heart
waiting for your return.

    WHY KINDNESS     TODAY YOU ARE 21 YOU WAIT IN LINE IMPATIENT LOTS TO DO PLACES TO GO   TODAY YOU ARE 30 YOUR CH...